JUDA LAKE(DEC,JAN,MAY & JUNE)
JUDA LAKE is a mountain peak of the Himalayas in Uttarakhand, India. Its elevation is 12,500 ft. Kedarkantha is located within Govind Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarkashi district. The climb to the peak of JUDA LAKE starts from a small village called as Sankri.JUDA LAKE is a 12,500 ft (3810m) high mountain summit on the Garhwal Himalaya. It lies in the Uttarkashi District of the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand. It is flanked by the Har-ki-Dun Valley and Swargarohini peak to the north, the Bandarpunch mountain massif to the north-east and Rupin Pass at Himachal Pradesh – Uttarakhand border to the north west.
Age will be child 12+ above.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at least 1day before the trek.|
Day 1 of Sankari :-
Dehradun To Sankari Drive – (Altitude: 1850 m, Distance : 210 Kms, 7-8 Hours Drive).
The “SANKARI (Getting to the Base Camp)”
From Dehradun to Sankri/Saur (1850mt) through the Yamuna and Tons valleys across the Yamuna bridge, Nainbagh, Nowgaon, Purola, Jarmola (Jarmola is one of the biggest and most beautiful pine forests in Asia), Mori and Netwar. Trek to a tiny market in Sankri, a few wooden huts serve simple yet delicious food. Dinner and overnight stay at the GMVN (Garhwal Mangal Vikas Nigam) rest house or the Forest Department’s rest house or in tent.
Day 2 of “SANKARI LOCAL SITESEEN :-
BASECAMP (THE “SANKARI CAMP )
The way to sankri runs along the clear blue waters of tons and the yamuna river .
One gets a glimpse of Himalays on reaching close to Sankri. The number of trekkers heading to Himalayas have given a lot of employment opportunities to the local residents .
On the other hand, the environmental balance is getting disturbed. The trail from Sankri to Juda Ka Talab passes through the woods with tall,old and beautiful pine trees and takes around 4 hours. Snow is all around and you are surrounded with massive peaks.
The Landscape is breathtaking..
Day 3 JUDA LAKE:-
SANKARI TO JUDA LAKE BY TREK – (Altitude: 2500 m, Distance : 5 Kms, 4-5 Hours Trek)
Post breakfast at camp and after
driving a short distance to JUDA LAKE which is about 5kmsone can trek to JUDA LAKE.
On an even surface through thick forests, with a few waterfalls on the way. Dinner and overnight stay at Juda Lake in tent at the camping!
Day 4 DEHRADUN :-
SANKARI TO DEHRADUN – (Distance : 190 Kms, 8-10 Hours Journey)
On Kedarkanthaa (3812mt) mountains, with packed lunch, to Dunda thach on a gradual ascent that offers excellent views of the snow-covered mountains and vast valleys with huge waterfalls. The area is home to a number of rare species of Himalayan birds, Animal All Forest area and flowers, and is full of birch and spruce. After the last steep climb of. The beautiful Swargarohini, Harkidun Valley and Kalanage Pick
stands tall overlooking this Valley of God.Shiv, Dinner and overnight stay at the Dunda thach Comping at tent.
- Guided Trek.
- Accommodation in best Alpine tents in sankari .
- Camping in high quality tents on twin or triple sharing basis for three nights
- Camping equipment like sleeping bags, camping mattresses, proper Dinning Camp, toilet while camping.
- All meals starting from dinner on Day 1 till breakfast on Day 4 as well as snacks, tea and coffee
- Porter or mule charges for carrying camping equipment and rations
- Forest entry charges, permits and camping fees
- First aid kit
- Service tax
- All transport as per itinerary (Can be arranged for INR 2700 per person)
- Porter/mule for personal bags
- Any meals or services not mentioned in inclusions
- Any charges for video cameras or still cameras
- Charges for alcohol or soft drinks or beverages
- Personal expenses like tips or laundry or telephone calls
- Any costs arising from unforeseen circumstances like landslides, bad weather or road blocks, etc
What to Wear
- Comfortable trekking/hiking shoes
- Camp shoes (slippers or sandals)
- Layers of clothing to stay warm
What not to Wear
- Expensive watches or jewellery
- Unnecessary electronic devices
- Carry your luggage in a duffle bag or backpack
- Avoid suitcases, trolleys or any other hard luggage
- Best Quality tents
- Fresh, clean sleeping bags
- Camping mattresses
- Stools and tables
- Mess tent
- First aid or medical kit
You need to get
- Shirts/T-shirts – 2/3
- Full sleeved T-shirts – 2
- Trekking pants – 2
- One full-sleeved sweater
- Good quality windproof jacket – (optional)
- Woolen socks – 1 pair, for the night only
- Regular socks for trekking – 2 or 3 pairs
- Scarf/muffler (optional)
- Raincoat / Poncho
- Small lightweight towel
- Water bottle
- Cap/hat to keep the strong sun away from your face
- Sun glasses
- Walking stick/trekking pole
- Sunscreen lotion
- Lip balm
- Torch/flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Day pack for essentials
- Rain cover for your bags
- Plastic/waterproof bags for belongs in case of rain
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)